U05A0 - Invalid Data Received From Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Control Module
U05A0 Possible Causes
- Faulty Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Control Module
- Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
How is the U05A0 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the U05A0 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the U05A0 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U05A0 MeaningThe Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will set when a network concerns occur during module-to-module communication.
- Invalid data network concerns are set when data is transferred within the normal inter-module message but contains known invalid data. The transmitting module logs a DTC related to the invalid data concern.
- Missing message network concerns are set when missing message concerns are logged by the module upon failure to receive a message from another module within a defined retry period.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the U05A0 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals