U0476 - Invalid Data Received From Restraints System Sensor 'F'
U0476 Possible Causes
- Faulty Restraints System Sensor 'F'
- Restraints System Sensor 'F' harness is open or shorted
- Restraints System Sensor 'F' circuit poor electrical connection
How is the U0476 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the U0476 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the U0476 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U0476 MeaningA Controller Area Network (CAN) is a vehicle bus standard designed to interconnect automotive devices without a host computer. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the devices. The devices have programmed information about what messages are needed to be exchanged on the serial data circuits. Some devices are constantly receiving information from other devices through serial data communication network. The invalid data Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be set when a receiving device detects a discrepancy in the information it receives from the Restraints System Sensor 'F' causing its integrity to be questioned.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the U0476 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the U0476 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.