U0423 LINCOLN - Invalid Data Received From Instrument Panel Cluster Control Module
U0423 LINCOLN Possible Causes
- Invalid data network concerns
- data is transferred within the normal inter-module message, but contains known invalid data. The transmitting module logs a DTC related to the invalid data concern.
- Missing message network concerns
- missing message concerns are logged by the module upon failure to receive a message from another module within a defined retry period.
How is the U0423 LINCOLN code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the U0423 LINCOLN code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the U0423 LINCOLN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U0423 LINCOLN MeaningA Controller Area Network (CAN) is a vehicle bus standard designed to interconnect automotive devices without a host computer. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the devices. The devices have programmed information about what messages are needed to be exchanged on the serial data circuits. Some devices are constantly receiving information from other devices through serial data communication network. The invalid data Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be set when a receiving device detects a discrepancy in the information it receives from the Instrument Panel Cluster Control Module causing its integrity to be questioned.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the U0423 LINCOLN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals