U029F MERCURY - Lost Communication With Evaporative Emission System Leak Detection Control Module
U029F MERCURY Possible Causes
- Invalid data network concerns
- data is transferred within the normal inter-module message, but contains known invalid data. The transmitting module logs a DTC related to the invalid data concern.
- Missing message network concerns
- missing message concerns are logged by the module upon failure to receive a message from another module within a defined retry period.
How is the U029F MERCURY code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the U029F MERCURY code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the U029F MERCURY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U029F MERCURY MeaningNetwork Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) concerns occur during module-to-module communication.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the U029F MERCURY code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals