U0001 - High Speed CAN Communication Bus
U0001 Possible Causes
- Diagnosis of this Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is accomplished via the vehicle symptom(s)
- Check for more codes
- Faulty Control Module
- Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
How is the U0001 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the U0001 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the U0001 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U0001 MeaningA Controller Area Network (CAN) is a vehicle bus standard designed to interconnect automotive devices without a host computer. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the devices. The devices have programmed information about what messages are needed to be exchanged on the serial data circuits. CAN bus uses two dedicated wires for communication. The wires are called CAN high and CAN low. When the CAN bus is in idle mode, both lines carry 2.5V. When data bits are being transmitted, the CAN high line goes to 3.75V, and the CAN low drops to 1.25V, thereby generating a 2.5V differential between the lines. Since communication relies on a voltage differential between the two bus lines, the CAN bus is NOT sensitive to inductive spikes, electrical fields, or other noise. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when a supervised periodic message that includes the transmitter device availability has not been received.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the U0001 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- U0001 BUICK High Speed CAN Communication Bus Malfunction
- U0001 CADILLAC High Speed CAN Communication Bus Malfunction
- U0001 CHEVROLET High Speed CAN Communication Bus Malfunction
- U0001 CHRYSLER CAN Communication Bus Circuit
- U0001 DODGE CAN Communication Bus Circuit
- U0001 FORD High Speed CAN Communication Bus
- U0001 GMC High Speed CAN Communication Bus Malfunction
- U0001 JEEP CAN Communication Bus Circuit
- U0001 LINCOLN High Speed CAN Communication Bus
- U0001 MERCURY High Speed CAN Communication Bus
- U0001 RAM CAN Communication Bus Circuit