P2610 2010 HONDA ACCORD - Powertrain Control Module Ignition Off Internal Timer Malfunction
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Harness is open or shorted
- Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Circuit poor electrical connection
- Powertrain Control Module (PCM) outdated program
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P2610 2010 Honda Accord Description
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) has a built-in ignition off timer that measures the duration of time from ignition off to the next ignition on. The measured duration is used for evaporative emission (EVAP) leak detection and temperature assumption of the catalytic converter. The CPU in the PCM accesses the ignition off timer when reading the measured duration. When the access process fails, a malfunction is detected and a DTC is stored. When an abnormality is found in the read data, a malfunction is detected and a DTC is stored.