P1800 NISSAN - Variable Intake Air System Control Solenoid Valve Circuit
P1800 NISSAN Possible Causes
- Faulty VIAS control solenoid valve
- VIAS control solenoid valve circuit harness is open or shorted
- VIAS control solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1800 NISSAN code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
P1800 NISSAN Tech Notes
User Submitted Video
Cost of diagnosing the P1800 NISSAN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1800 NISSAN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P1800 NISSAN code detected?The VIAS control solenoid valve cuts the intake manifold vacuum signal for power valve control. It responds to ON/OFF signals from the ECM. When the solenoid is off, the vacuum signal from the intake manifold is cut. When the ECM sends an ON signal the coil pulls the plunger downward and feeds the vacuum signal to the power valve actuator. An excessively low or high voltage signal is sent to ECM through the valve
P1800 NISSAN Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1800 NISSAN MeaningWhen the engine is running at low or medium speed, the power valve is fully closed. Under this condition, the effective suction port length is equivalent to the total length of the intake manifold collector's suction port including the intake valve. This long suction port provides increased air intake which results in improved suction efficiency and higher torque generation.
The surge tank and one-way valve are provided. When the engine is running at high speed, the Engine Control Module (ECM) sends the signal to the Variable Intake Air System (VIAS) control solenoid valve. This signal introduces the intake manifold vacuum into the power valve actuator and therefore opens the power valve to two suction passages together in the collector.
Under this condition, the effective port length is equivalent to the length of the suction port provided independently for each cylinder. This shortened port length results in enhanced engine output with reduced suction resistance under high speeds.
P1800 NISSAN More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1800 NISSAN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1800 NISSAN Information for specific Nissan models
- P1800 2002 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- P1800 2003 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- P1800 2004 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- P1800 2005 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- P1800 2006 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- P1800 2008 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- P1800 2009 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- P1800 2010 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- P1800 2011 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- P1800 2012 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN
- P1800 2004 NISSAN MAXIMA
- P1800 2005 NISSAN MAXIMA
- P1800 2006 NISSAN MAXIMA
- P1800 2007 NISSAN MAXIMA
- P1800 2008 NISSAN MAXIMA
- P1800 2005 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P1800 2006 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P1800 2007 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P1800 2008 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P1800 2009 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P1800 2010 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P1800 2011 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P1800 2012 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P1800 2004 NISSAN QUEST
- P1800 2005 NISSAN QUEST