P1721 2003 INFINITI G35 - Vehicle Speed Sensor MTR
P1721 2003 INFINITI G35 Possible Causes
- Faulty Vehicle Speed Sensor
- Vehicle Speed Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Vehicle Speed Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Transmission Control Module (TCM) communication
Cost of diagnosing the P1721 2003 INFINITI G35 code
The cost of diagnosing the P1721 2003 INFINITI G35 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P1721 2003 INFINITI G35 code detected?
TCM does not receive the proper vehicle speed sensor MTR signal (input by CAN communication) from combination meter.
P1721 2003 INFINITI G35 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1721 2003 INFINITI G35 Meaning
The vehicle speed sensor·MTR signal is transmitted from combination meter to Transmission Control Module (TCM) by CAN communication line. The signal functions as an auxiliary device to the revolution sensor when it is malfunctioning. The TCM will then use the vehicle speed sensor·MTR signal.