P1721 2003 INFINITI G35 - Vehicle Speed Sensor MTR
- Faulty Vehicle Speed Sensor
- Vehicle Speed Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Vehicle Speed Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Transmission Control Module (TCM) communication
When is the code detected?
TCM does not receive the proper vehicle speed sensor MTR signal (input by CAN communication) from combination meter.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1721 2003 Infiniti G35 Description
The vehicle speed sensor·MTR signal is transmitted from combination meter to Transmission Control Module (TCM) by CAN communication line. The signal functions as an auxiliary device to the revolution sensor when it is malfunctioning. The TCM will then use the vehicle speed sensor·MTR signal.