P1706 NISSAN - Park and Neutral Position Switch
- Misadjusted Park/Neutral Switch
- Faulty Park/Neutral Switch
- Park/Neutral Switch harness is open or shorted
- Park/Neutral Switch circuit poor electrical connection
User Submitted Video
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1706 Nissan Description
When the shift position is P or N, park/neutral position (PNP) switch is turned ON. The Engine Control Module (ECM) detects the position because the continuity of the line (the ON signal) exists.
The park/neutral position (PNP) switch assembly also indicates a transmission range switch to detect shift lever position.