P1571 CHEVROLET - Traction Control Desired Torque Out Of Range
- Faulty Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM)
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- EBCM harness is open or shorted
- EBCM circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1571 Chevrolet Description
The Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) simultaneously control the traction control. The EBCM sends a Requested Torque message via a pulse width modulated (PWM) signal to the PCM. The duty cycle of the signal is used to determine how much engine torque the EBCM is requesting the PCM to deliver. Normal values are between 10 and 90 percent duty cycle. The signal should be at 90 percent when traction control is not active and at lower values during traction control activations. The PCM supplies the pull up voltage that the EBCM switches to ground to create the signal.