- Faulty ASCD Steering Switch
- ASCD Steering Switch harness is open or shorted
- ASCD Steering Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
Tech notesASCD switch is located on the steering wheel.
When is the code detected?An improper voltage signal from the Automatic Speed Control Device (ASCD) steering switch is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM).
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Automatic Speed Control (Cruise Control) system may stop working
P1564 2012 Nissan Rogue DescriptionAutomatic Speed Control Device (ASCD) (Cruise Control) steering switch has variant values of electrical resistance for each button. The Engine Control Module (ECM) reads voltage variation
of switch, and determines which button is operated.