P1564 2008 NISSAN SENTRA - ASCD Steering Switch
P1564 2008 Nissan Sentra Possible Causes
- Faulty ASCD Steering Switch
- ASCD Steering Switch harness is open or shorted
- ASCD Steering Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
Cost of diagnosing the P1564 2008 Nissan Sentra code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1564 2008 Nissan Sentra code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?An improper voltage signal from the Automatic Speed Control Device (ASCD) steering switch is sent to Engine Control Module (ECM).
P1564 2008 Nissan Sentra Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Automatic Speed Control (Cruise Control) system may stop working
P1564 2008 Nissan Sentra MeaningAutomatic Speed Control Device (ASCD) (Cruise Control) steering switch has variant values of electrical resistance for each button. The Engine Control Module (ECM) reads voltage variation
of switch, and determines which button is operated.