P1559 - Idle Speed Control Throttle Position Adaption Malfunction
P1559 Possible Causes
- Faulty Throttle Valve Control Module
- Throttle Valve Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Valve Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P1559 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1559 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1559 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1559 MeaningIdle Speed Control Throttle Position Adaption Malfunction is the generic description for the P1559 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description for your model and year vehicle. Currently, we have no further information abouth the P1559 OBDII code.
Still have questions? Please post your question on our Comments Section of the main page for more information.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1559 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1559 AUDI Idle Speed Control Throttle Position Adaption Malfunction
- P1559 BUICK Cruise Control Power Management Mode
- P1559 CADILLAC Cruise Control Power Management Mode
- P1559 CHEVROLET Cruise Control Power Management Mode
- P1559 GMC Cruise Control Power Management Mode
- P1559 VOLKSWAGEN Idle Speed Control Throttle Position Adaption Malfunction