P1554 Possible Causes
- Faulty Battery Current Sensor
- Battery Current Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Battery Current Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1554 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1554 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1554 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1554 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1554 MeaningThe power generation voltage variable control enables fuel consumption to be decreased by reducing the engine load which is caused by the power generation of the generator. The battery current sensor is installed to the battery cable at the negative terminal. The sensor measures the charging/discharging current of the battery. Based on the sensor signal, the Engine Control Module (ECM) judges whether or not the power generation voltage variable control is performed. When performing the power generation voltage variable control, ECM calculates the target power generation voltage based on the sensor signal. And ECM sends the calculated value as the power generation command value to IPDM E/R.
P1554 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1554 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1554 Information for specific makes
- P1554 AUDI Idle Speed Control Throttle Position Basic Setting Conditions Not Met
- P1554 BMW Crankshaft Inlet Camshaft
- P1554 BUICK Cruise Engaged Circuit High Voltage
- P1554 CADILLAC Cruise Engaged Circuit High Voltage
- P1554 CHEVROLET Cruise Control Feedback Circuit
- P1554 GMC Cruise Control Feedback Circuit
- P1554 INFINITI Battery Current Sensor Performance
- P1554 MINI Crankshaft Inlet Camshaft
- P1554 NISSAN Battery Current Sensor Performance
- P1554 VOLKSWAGEN Idle Speed Control Throttle Position Basic Setting Conditions Not Met