P1550 BUICK Possible Causes
- Faulty Stepper Motor Cruise Control
- Stepper Motor Cruise Control harness is open or shorted
- Stepper Motor Cruise Control circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
First diagnose P1550 BUICK code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1550 BUICK code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1550 BUICK code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1550 BUICK Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1550 BUICK MeaningWith the engine running, the Stepper Motor Cruise Control (SMCC) Cruise commanded off, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that the Cruise Status input indicated that the Cruise Control was engaged.
P1550 BUICK More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1550 BUICK code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals