P154C GMC Possible Causes
- Faulty Intake Air Heater
- Intake Air Heater harness is open or shorted
- Intake Air Heater circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P154C GMC code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P154C GMC code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P154C GMC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P154C GMC Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P154C GMC MeaningThe Intake Air Heater (IAH) is located in the air inlet tube and is used to warm the incoming air to aid in starting the engine and for proper cylinder combustion. The Glow Plug Control Module (GPCM) will command the IAH on when the engine coolant temperature is below 40°C (104°F). Power to the IAH is supplied by the battery positive voltage circuit. The IAH is connected to the GPCM by the following circuits. If there is a fault on any of these circuits a DTC will set.
- The IAH temperature signal circuit
- The IAH command 1 circuit
- The IAH command 2 circuit
- The IAH voltage signal circuit
- The IAH current signal circuit
- The IAH feedback signal circuit
P154C GMC More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P154C GMC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals