P154B Possible Causes
- Faulty Intake Air Heater
- Intake Air Heater harness is open or shorted
- Intake Air Heater circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P154B code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P154B code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P154B code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P154B Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P154B MeaningThe Intake Air Heater (IAH) is located in the air inlet tube and is used to warm the incoming air to aid in starting the engine and for proper cylinder combustion. The Glow Plug Control Module (GPCM) will command the IAH ON when the engine coolant temperature is below 40°C (104°F). The IAH is connected to the GPCM by the following circuits:
- The IAH temperature signal circuit
- The IAH command 1 circuit
- The IAH command 2 circuit
- The IAH voltage signal circuit
- The IAH current signal circuit
- The IAH feedback signal circuit
P154B More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P154B code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals