P1544 - Throttle Actuation Potentiometer Signal Too High
P1544 Possible Causes
- Faulty Throttle Valve Control Module
- Faulty Throttle Actuator
- Throttle Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P1544 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1544 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1544 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1544 MeaningThrottle Actuation Potentiometer Signal Too High is the generic description for the P1544 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description for your model and year vehicle. Currently, we have no further information abouth the P1544 OBDII code.
Still have questions? Please post your question on our Comments Section of the main page for more information.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1544 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1544 AUDI Throttle Actuation Potentiometer Signal Too High
- P1544 BMW Pedal Position Sensor
- P1544 BUICK A/C Refrigerant Condition Very Low
- P1544 CADILLAC A/C Refrigerant Condition Very Low
- P1544 CHEVROLET A/C Refrigerant Condition Very Low
- P1544 GMC A/C Refrigerant Condition Very Low
- P1544 MINI Pedal Position Sensor
- P1544 MITSUBISHI DOR Radiator Tampering Monitor Temp Check Before Thermostat Open
- P1544 SUBARU Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Increased Temperature Detected
- P1544 VOLKSWAGEN Throttle Actuation Potentiometer Signal Too High