P1543 Possible Causes
- Faulty Throttle Valve Control Module
- Faulty Throttle Actuator
- Throttle Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1543 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1543 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1543 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1543 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1543 MeaningThrottle Actuation Potentiometer Signal Too Low is the generic description for the P1543 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description. Currently we have no further information abouth the P1543 OBDII code. Please post your question on the Q&A section for more information: AutoCodes.com Questions.
P1543 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1543 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1543 Information for specific makes
- P1543 AUDI Throttle Actuation Potentiometer Signal Too Low
- P1543 BMW Pedal Position Sensor
- P1543 BUICK A/C System Performance
- P1543 CADILLAC A/C System Performance
- P1543 CHEVROLET A/C System Performance
- P1543 GMC A/C System Performance
- P1543 HYUNDAI Brake Switch Signal Fault
- P1543 MINI Pedal Position Sensor
- P1543 MITSUBISHI DOR Radiator Tampering Monitor Temperature Check After Thermostat Open
- P1543 VOLKSWAGEN Throttle Actuation Potentiometer Signal Too Low