P1543 - Throttle Actuation Potentiometer Signal Too Low
P1543 Possible Causes
- Faulty Throttle Valve Control Module
- Faulty Throttle Actuator
- Throttle Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P1543 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1543 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1543 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1543 MeaningThrottle Actuation Potentiometer Signal Too Low is the generic description for the P1543 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description for your model and year vehicle. Currently, we have no further information abouth the P1543 OBDII code.
Still have questions? Please post your question on our Comments Section of the main page for more information.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1543 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1543 AUDI Throttle Actuation Potentiometer Signal Too Low
- P1543 BMW Pedal Position Sensor
- P1543 BUICK A/C System Performance
- P1543 CADILLAC A/C System Performance
- P1543 CHEVROLET A/C System Performance
- P1543 GMC A/C System Performance
- P1543 HYUNDAI Brake Switch Signal Fault
- P1543 MINI Pedal Position Sensor
- P1543 MITSUBISHI DOR Radiator Tampering Monitor Temperature Check After Thermostat Open
- P1543 VOLKSWAGEN Throttle Actuation Potentiometer Signal Too Low