P1521 Possible Causes
- Incorrect engine oil viscosity
- Incorrect oil type
- Oil contamination
First diagnose P1521 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1521 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1521 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1521 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1521 MeaningIncorrect Engine Oil Type is the generic description for the P1521 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description. Currently we have no further information abouth the P1521 OBDII code. Please post your question on the Q&A section for more information: AutoCodes.com Questions.
P1521 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1521 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1521 Information for specific makes
- P1521 AUDI Intake Manifold Changeover Valve 2 Circuit Electrical Malfunction
- P1521 BMW Oil Condition Sensor
- P1521 BUICK Transmission Engaged At High Throttle Angle
- P1521 CADILLAC Transmission Engaged At High Throttle Angle
- P1521 CHEVROLET Transmission Engaged at High Throttle Angle
- P1521 CHRYSLER Incorrect Engine Oil Type
- P1521 DODGE Incorrect Engine Oil Type
- P1521 GMC Transmission Engaged at High Throttle Angle
- P1521 HYUNDAI Power Steering Switch Circuit
- P1521 ISUZU Commanded Versus Actual Throttle Position Correlation Small Stop Close
- P1521 JEEP Incorrect Engine Oil Type
- P1521 KIA Power Steering Switch Circuit
- P1521 MAZDA Intake Manifold Air Control Solenoid 1 Short / Open Circuit
- P1521 MINI Oil Condition Sensor
- P1521 SUBARU Brake Switch Circuit Range
- P1521 VOLKSWAGEN Intake Manifold Changeover Valve 2 Circuit Electrical Malfunction