P1518 LINCOLN - Intake Manifold Runner Control Fault Stuck Open
P1518 LINCOLN Possible Causes
- Faulty Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) actuator
- Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) harness is open or shorted
- Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
First diagnose P1518 LINCOLN code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1518 LINCOLN code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1518 LINCOLN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1518 LINCOLN Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1518 LINCOLN MeaningThe Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) is monitored for failure during continuous or key ON engine OFF self-test.
P1518 LINCOLN More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1518 LINCOLN code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals