P1517 CADILLAC - Throttle Actuator Control Module Performance
P1517 CADILLAC Possible Causes
- Faulty Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module
- Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module circuit poor electrical connection
- Check Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module connector for water
- Binding or bent throttle plate-failed throttle body
First diagnose P1517 CADILLAC code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1517 CADILLAC code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1517 CADILLAC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1517 CADILLAC Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- No throttle response
P1517 CADILLAC MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) is the control center for the Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) system. The ECM determines the drivers intent and then calculates the appropriate throttle response. The ECM achieves throttle positioning by providing a pulse width modulated voltage to the TAC motor. The TAC system uses the following circuits for Motor control 1 and Motor control 2.
Two processors are also used to monitor the TAC system data. Both processors are located within the ECM. Both processors monitor each other's data to verify that the indicated throttle position is correct.
P1517 CADILLAC More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1517 CADILLAC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals