P1516 SATURN - Throttle Actuator Control Module Throttle Actuator Position Performance
- Faulty Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module
- Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module harness is open or shorted
- Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module circuit poor electrical connection
- Check Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) module connector for water
- Binding or bent throttle plate-failed throttle body
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- No throttle response
P1516 Saturn Description
The Engine Control Module (ECM) is the control center for the Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) system. The ECM determines the drivers intent and then calculates the appropriate throttle response. The ECM achieves throttle positioning by providing a pulse width modulated voltage to the TAC motor. The TAC system uses the following circuits for Motor control 1 and Motor control 2.
Two processors are also used to monitor the TAC system data. Both processors are located within the ECM. Both processors monitor each other's data to verify that the indicated throttle position is correct.