P1507 Possible Causes
- Faulty Idle Air Control (IAC) valve
- IAC valve stuck closed
- IAC valve harness is open or shorted
- IAC valve circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1507 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1507 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1507 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1507 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1507 MeaningThe Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) valve assembly controls the engine idle speed and provides a dashpot function. The IAC valve assembly meters intake air around the throttle plate through a bypass within the IAC valve assembly and throttle body. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) determines the desired idle speed or bypass air and signals the IAC valve assembly through a specified duty cycle. The IAC valve responds by positioning the IAC valve to control the amount of bypassed air. The PCM monitors engine RPM and increases or decreases the IAC duty cycle in order to achieve the desired RPM.
P1507 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1507 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1507 Information for specific makes
- P1507 AUDI Idle System Learned Value Lower Limit Attained
- P1507 BMW Idle Speed Control Valve Open Solenoid Control Circuit Signal Low
- P1507 FORD Idle Air Control Under Speed Error
- P1507 HYUNDAI Idle Speed Control Actuator Signal Low
- P1507 JAGUAR Idle Air Control Under Speed Error
- P1507 KIA dle Air Control Valve Closing Coil Voltage Low
- P1507 LEXUS PTC AC Auxiliary Heater Disabled Low
- P1507 LINCOLN Idle Air Control Under Speed Error
- P1507 MAZDA Idle Air Control Under Speed Error
- P1507 MERCURY Idle Air Control Under Speed Error
- P1507 MINI Idle Speed Control Valve Open Solenoid Control Circuit Signal Low
- P1507 MITSUBISHI Idle Control System RPM Higher Than Expected At Low Temperature
- P1507 SUBARU Idle Control System Malfunction Fail Safe
- P1507 VOLKSWAGEN Idle System Learned Value Lower Limit Attained