P1501 2003 FORD F150 - Vehicle Speed Sensor Out Of Self Test Range
P1501 2003 FORD F150 Possible Causes
- Faulty Vehicle speed sensor
- Vehicle speed sensor harness is open or shorted
- Vehicle speed sensor electrical circuit poor electrical connection
- Noise on the VSS input signal from the radio frequency interference or electro magnetic interference
- External sources, such as ignition wires, the charging circuit or aftermarket equipment
First diagnose P1501 2003 FORD F150 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1501 2003 FORD F150 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1501 2003 FORD F150 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the P1501 2003 FORD F150 code detected?The Vehicle speed sensor (VSS) signal was detected during the initial self test.
P1501 2003 FORD F150 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1501 2003 FORD F150 MeaningThe P1501 code Indicates the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) input signal is out of self-test range. If the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects a VSS input signal any time during the self-test, DTC P1501 is set and the test aborts.
P1501 2003 FORD F150 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1501 2003 FORD F150 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals