P1498 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve Position Sensor Circuit High Voltage
P1498 Possible Causes
- Faulty Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve
- EGR Valve harness is open or shorted
- EGR Valve poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
How is the P1498 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1498 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1498 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1498 MeaningExhaust Gas Recirculation Valve Position Sensor Circuit High Voltage is the generic description for the P1498 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description for your model and year vehicle. Currently, we have no further information abouth the P1498 OBDII code.
Still have questions? Please post your question on our Comments Section of the main page for more information.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1498 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1498 ACURA Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve Position Sensor Circuit High Voltage
- P1498 BMW Unmetered Air After Compressor
- P1498 CHRYSLER High Speed Radiator Relay Ground Control Condition
- P1498 DODGE High Speed Radiator Relay Ground Control Condition
- P1498 HONDA Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve Position Sensor Circuit High Voltage
- P1498 ISUZU EGR Valve Lift Sensor Voltage High
- P1498 JEEP High Speed Radiator Relay Ground Control Condition
- P1498 KIA EGR Stepper Motor Malfunction
- P1498 MAZDA EGR Valve Motor Coil 3 Open Or Short
- P1498 MINI Unmetered Air After Compressor
- P1498 SUBARU EGR Signal Line 2 Circuit Low
- P1498 VOLKSWAGEN Secondary Air System Bank 4 Flow Fault