P1497 Possible Causes
- Check for intake leaks
First diagnose P1497 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1497 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1497 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1497 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1497 MeaningDownstream Throttle Air Leak is the generic description for the P1497 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description. Currently we have no further information abouth the P1497 OBDII code. Please post your question on the Q&A section for more information: AutoCodes.com Questions.
P1497 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1497 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1497 Information for specific makes
- P1497 AUDI Secondary Air System Bank 3 Flow Fault
- P1497 BMW Downstream Throttle Air Leak
- P1497 KIA EGR Stepper Motor Malfunction
- P1497 MAZDA EGR Valve Motor Coil 2 Open Or Short
- P1497 MINI Downstream Throttle Air Leak
- P1497 SUBARU EGR Signal Line 3 Circuit High
- P1497 VOLKSWAGEN Secondary Air System Bank 3 Flow Fault