P1492 Possible Causes
- Faulty Battery Temperature Sensor
- Battery Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Battery Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1492 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1492 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1492 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1492 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1492 MeaningWith the key on or engine running, then the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that the Battery Temperature Sensor (BTS) value was more than 4.9v for 3 seconds.
P1492 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1492 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1492 Information for specific makes
- P1492 CHRYSLER Battery Temperature Sensor Voltage Too high
- P1492 DODGE Battery Temperature Sensor Voltage Too high
- P1492 INFINITI EVAP Canister Purge Control/Solenoid Valve
- P1492 JEEP Battery Temperature Sensor Voltage Too high
- P1492 MITSUBISHI Battery Temperature Sensor Voltage Too high
- P1492 NISSAN EVAP Canister Purge Control/Solenoid Valve
- P1492 SAAB Evaporative Emission Pressure Sensor / Fuel Tank Level Sensor In Fuel Tank - Range / Performance Problem / Malfunction
- P1492 SUBARU EGR Signal Line 1 Circuit Low