P1487 Possible Causes
- Faulty EGR Boost Sensor Solenoid Valve
- EGR Boost Sensor Solenoid Valve harness is open or shorted
- EGR Boost Sensor Solenoid Valve circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1487 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1487 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1487 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1487 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1487 MeaningEGR Boost Sensor Solenoid Valve Open or Short is the generic description for the P1487 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description. Currently we have no further information abouth the P1487 OBDII code. Please post your question on the Q&A section for more information: AutoCodes.com Questions.
P1487 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1487 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1487 Information for specific makes
- P1487 CHRYSLER High Speed Radiator Fan Control Relay Condition
- P1487 DODGE High Speed Radiator Fan Control Relay Condition
- P1487 FORD EGR Check Solenoid Circuit Failure
- P1487 HYUNDAI EGR Boost Sensor Solenoid Valve Open or Short
- P1487 KIA EGR Boost Sensor Solenoid Valve Open or Short
- P1487 MAZDA EGR Boost Sensor Solenoid Valve Open or Short
- P1487 MITSUBISHI High Speed Radiator Fan Control Relay Condition