P1483 - Engine Cooling System Performance
P1483 Possible Causes
- Faulty Fan Clutch Assembly
- Fan Clutch Assembly harness is open or shorted
- Fan Clutch Assembly circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P1483 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1483 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1483 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1483 MeaningThe engine cooling fan is a variable speed fan. The Engine Control Module (ECM) controls the fan speed by sending a pulse width modulated signal to the cooling fan speed control module. The cooling fan control module varies the voltage drop across the engine cooling fan motor in relation to the pulse width modulated signal. The cooling fan speed is affected by many different conditions and can be adjusted from 10-90 percent duty cycle. Ninety percent is considered high fan speed. When multiple cooling speed requests are received, the ECM uses the highest cooling fan speed of all the requests. During normal fan ON operation, the control circuit voltage will be low and near battery voltage when the fan is OFF.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1483 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1483 AUDI Secondary Air Injection Pump Relay 2 Short To Ground
- P1483 BUICK Engine Cooling System Performance
- P1483 CADILLAC Engine Cooling System Performance
- P1483 CHEVROLET Engine Cooling System Performance
- P1483 DODGE Battery Temperature Sensor Volts Out of Limit
- P1483 FORD Power to Cooling Fan Exceeded Normal Draw
- P1483 GMC Engine Cooling System Performance
- P1483 LAND-ROVER Leak Detection Pump Heater Circuit
- P1483 VOLKSWAGEN Secondary Air Injection Pump Relay 2 Short To Ground