P1478 Possible Causes
- Loose gas cap
First diagnose P1478 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1478 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1478 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1478 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1478 MeaningEvaporative Emissions System Leak Detected is the generic description for the P1478 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description. Currently we have no further information abouth the P1478 OBDII code. Please post your question on the Q&A section for more information: AutoCodes.com Questions.
P1478 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1478 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1478 Information for specific makes
- P1478 AUDI EVAP Control System LDP Clamped Tube Detected
- P1478 BMW Evaporative Emissions System Leak Detected
- P1478 CHRYSLER Battery Temperature Sensor Signal Out Of Limits
- P1478 DODGE Battery Temperature Sensor Signal Out Of Limits
- P1478 MINI Evaporative Emissions System Leak Detected
- P1478 VOLKSWAGEN EVAP Control System LDP Clamped Tube Detected