P1463 MERCURY - Air Conditioning Pressure Sensor Insufficient Pressure Change
P1463 MERCURY Possible Causes
- Faulty Air Conditioning Pressure Sensor
- Air Conditioning Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Air Conditioning Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- A/C clutch always engaged
- A/C system electrical failure
How is the P1463 MERCURY code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1463 MERCURY code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1463 MERCURY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1463 MERCURY MeaningEach time the A/C clutch engages, the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) is looking for a pressure change in the refrigerant. If the change in pressure is outside of the calibration the P1463 code will set.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1463 MERCURY code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals