P1461 MERCURY - Air Conditioning Pressure Sensor Circuit High
P1461 MERCURY Possible Causes
- Faulty Air Conditioning Pressure (ACP) Sensor
- Air Conditioning Pressure Sensor Harness is Open or Shorted
- Air Conditioning Pressure Sensor Circuit Poor Electrical Connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
First diagnose P1461 MERCURY code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1461 MERCURY code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1461 MERCURY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1461 MERCURY Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1461 MERCURY MeaningAir Conditioning Pressure (ACP) inputs a voltage to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). If the voltage is above a calibrated level the P1461 code will set. Verify VREF voltage between 4.0 and 6.0V.
P1461 MERCURY More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1461 MERCURY code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals