P1454 HONDA - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Range/Performance Problem
P1454 HONDA Possible Causes
- Faulty Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) Sensor
- Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1454 HONDA code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1454 HONDA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1454 HONDA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1454 HONDA Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1454 HONDA MeaningThe fuel tank pressure is about 0 kPa (0 in.Hg, 0 mmHg) when starting a cold engine. When the fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor output value is out of a specified range and the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) judges that there's no other cause [no evaporative emission (EVAP) canister vent shut valve failure, etc.] of the FTP sensor zero point shift, the PCM detects an FTP sensor malfunction.
However, if the FTP sensor output when starting the engine is a prescribed negative value or less (excessive negative pressure is detected), the malfunction judgment should be done as follows because it is difficult to distinguish the FTP sensor zero point shift (P1454) from the EVAP canister vent shut valve failure (P2422).
1. If either Temporary DTC P1454 or P2422 is not stored, the PCM stores both DTCs.
2. If both P1454 and P2422 Temporary DTCs are stored and an excessive negative pressure is detected, both P1454 and P2422 DTCs are stored.
3. If either Temporary DTC P1454 or P2422 is stored and an excessive negative pressure is detected, the PCM stores the DTC of the temporary DTC that was stored.
P1454 HONDA More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1454 HONDA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals