P1453 Possible Causes
- Faulty Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor
- Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1453 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1453 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1453 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1453 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1453 MeaningExhaust Gas Temperature Sensor 1 Open/Short to B+ is the generic description for the P1453 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description. Currently we have no further information abouth the P1453 OBDII code. Please post your question on the Q&A section for more information: AutoCodes.com Questions.
P1453 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1453 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1453 Information for specific makes
- P1453 AUDI Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor 1 Open/Short to B+
- P1453 BMW Secondary Air Injection Pump Relay Control Circuit Electrical
- P1453 LAND-ROVER Evaporative Emission Pressure Pump High Current
- P1453 LEXUS Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor High Input
- P1453 MERCEDES-BENZ Secondary Air Injection Pump Relay Control Circuit Electrical
- P1453 MINI Secondary Air Injection Pump Relay Control Circuit Electrical
- P1453 SAAB Evaporative Emission Pressure Sensor In Fuel Tank Signal High
- P1453 TOYOTA Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor High Input
- P1453 VOLKSWAGEN Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor 1 Open/Short to B+