P1448 - EVAP Canister Vent Control Valve Open
P1448 Possible Causes
- EVAP canister vent control valve
- EVAP canister is saturated with water
- EVAP control system pressure sensor and the circuit
- Blocked rubber tube to EVAP canister vent control valve
- Water separator
How is the P1448 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1448 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1448 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1448 MeaningThe EVAP canister vent control valve is located on the EVAP canister and is used to seal the canister vent.
This solenoid valve responds to signals from the Engine Control Module (ECM). When the ECM sends an ON signal, the coil in the solenoid valve is energized. A plunger will then move to seal the canister vent. The ability to seal the vent is necessary for the on board diagnosis of other evaporative emission control system components.
This solenoid valve is used only for diagnosis, and usually, remains opened. When the vent is closed, under normal purge conditions, the evaporative emission control system is depressurized and allows EVAP Control System (Small Leak)diagnosis.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1448 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P1448 AUDI Catalyst Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit Short to Ground
- P1448 BMW Diagnostic Module Tank Leakage Pump Too Low During Switching
- P1448 HONDA Battery Module Overheating
- P1448 INFINITI EVAP Canister Vent Control Valve Open
- P1448 JAGUAR Evaporative Emission Canister Purge Valve
- P1448 KIA Leak Detection Module Malfunction
- P1448 MINI Diagnostic Module Tank Leakage Pump Too Low During Switching
- P1448 NISSAN EVAP Canister Vent Control Valve Open
- P1448 SUBARU Fuel Tank Sensor Control Valve Range/Performance
- P1448 VOLKSWAGEN Catalyst Temperature Sensor 2 Circuit Short to Ground