P1444 NISSAN - EVAP Canister Purge Volume Control Solenoid Valve
- Faulty EVAP control system pressure sensor
- Faulty EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve (The valve is stuck open.)
- Faulty EVAP canister vent control valve
- Faulty / Broken EVAP canister
- Hoses (Hoses are connected incorrectly or clogged)
2002 Nissan Altima
2003 Nissan Altima
2004 Nissan Altima
2005 Nissan Altima
2002-2005 Nissan Altima Service Bulletin OBDII Code P1444
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1444 Nissan Description
This system controls the flow rate of fuel vapor from the EVAP canister. The opening of the vapor by-pass passage in the EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve changes to control the flow rate. The EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve repeats ON/OFF operation according to the signal sent from the Engine Control Module (ECM). The opening of the valve varies for optimum engine control. The optimum value stored in the ECM is determined by considering various engine conditions. When the engine is operating, the flow rate of fuel vapor from the EVAP canister is regulated as the air flow changes.