P1443 1997 FORD F150 - Evaporative Emission System Control Valve Low/No Flow
P1443 1997 FORD F150 Possible Causes
- Loose fuel filler cap
- Faulty EVAP Canister Purge Solenoid Valve
- EVAP Canister Purge Solenoid Valve harness is open or shorted
- EVAP Canister Purge Solenoid Valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Blocked hose between the purge valve and FTP sensor
- Faulty EVAP Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) Sensor
How is the P1443 1997 FORD F150 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1443 1997 FORD F150 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1443 1997 FORD F150 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1443 1997 FORD F150 MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the fuel tank pressure. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will set when the PCM detects a fuel tank pressure change greater than minus (-) 7 inches of water in 30 seconds occurred with a purge, fuel vapor, flow at less than 0.02 lb/min (0.15 gm/s).
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1443 1997 FORD F150 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals