P1438 Possible Causes
- Faulty A/C Evaporator Air Temperature Sensor
- A/C Evaporator Air Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
- A/C Evaporator Air Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1438 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1438 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1438 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1438 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1438 MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) detected the evaporator control circuit had a range/performance condition.
P1438 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1438 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P1438 Information for specific makes
- P1438 AUDI EGR Valve 2 Open Circuit or Short Circuit to Ground
- P1438 BMW Purge Control Valve Control Open Circuit
- P1438 FORD A/C Evaporator Air Temperature Circuit Range/Performance
- P1438 HONDA Motor Drive Module Overheating Signal Circuit
- P1438 LEXUS HCAC System Variable Valve Circuit Low
- P1438 VOLKSWAGEN EGR Valve 2 Open Circuit or Short Circuit to Ground