P1416 CHEVROLET - Secondary Air Injection System Bank 2
- Faulty Secondary Air Injection (AIR) pump
- Secondary Air Injection check valve bank 2
- Secondary Air Injection (AIR) pump electrical circuit fault
- Blocked Secondary Air Injection (AIR) system
User Submitted Video
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1416 Chevrolet Description
A Secondary Air Injection (AIR) pump is used on this vehicle to lower tail pipe emissions on start-up. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) supplies a ground to the AIR pump relay, which energizes the AIR pump. The PCM monitors the HO2S voltages to diagnose the AIR system. During the AIR test, the PCM activates the AIR pump during closed loop operation. When the AIR is activated, the PCM monitors the HO2S voltages and short term fuel trim values for both banks of the engine. If the AIR system is operating properly, the HO2S voltages should go low and the short term fuel trim should go high.