P140C Possible Causes
- Faulty Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve harness is open or shorted
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P140C code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P140C code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P140C code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P140C Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P140C MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve. The PCM sets the OBDII code when the Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve is not to factory specifications.
P140C More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P140C code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P140C Information for specific makes
- P140C CHEVROLET Exhaust Gas Recirculation Slow Response Decreasing Flow
- P140C FORD Exhaust Gas Recirculation Control Circuit 'B'
- P140C GMC Exhaust Gas Recirculation Slow Response Decreasing Flow
- P140C LINCOLN Exhaust Gas Recirculation Control Circuit 'B'
- P140C MERCURY Exhaust Gas Recirculation Control Circuit 'B'