P140B Possible Causes
- Faulty Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve harness is open or shorted
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P140B code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P140B code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P140B code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P140B Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P140B MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors the Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve. The PCM sets the OBDII code when the Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve is not to factory specifications.
P140B More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P140B code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P140B Information for specific makes
- P140B CHEVROLET Exhaust Gas Recirculation Slow Response Increasing Flow
- P140B FORD Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor 'C' Circuit High
- P140B GMC Exhaust Gas Recirculation Slow Response Increasing Flow
- P140B LINCOLN Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor 'C' Circuit High
- P140B MERCURY Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor 'C' Circuit High