P1409 1997 FORD F150 - EGR Vacuum Regulator Solenoid Circuit Malfunction
P1409 1997 FORD F150 Possible Causes
- Faulty Exhaust Gas Recirculation Vacuum Regulator (EGRVR) solenoid
- EGR Vacuum Regulator Solenoid harness is open or shorted
- EGR Vacuum Regulator Solenoid circuit poor electrical connection
- Damaged Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
How is the P1409 1997 FORD F150 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1409 1997 FORD F150 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1409 1997 FORD F150 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1409 1997 FORD F150 MeaningThis test checks the electrical function of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation Vacuum Regulator (EGRVR) solenoid. The test fails when the EGRVR circuit voltage is either too high or too low when compared to the expected voltage range. The EGR system must be enabled for the test to be completed.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1409 1997 FORD F150 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals