P1406 2012 FORD FUSION - DPFE Sensor Circuit Downstream Hose
P1406 2012 FORD FUSION Possible Causes
- Downstream hose is disconnected
- Downstream hose is plugged (ice)
- Plugged or damaged Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) tube
- Faulty Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic (DPFE) sensor
- Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic (DPFE) sensor harness is open or shorted
- Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic (DPFE) sensor circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P1406 2012 FORD FUSION code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1406 2012 FORD FUSION code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1406 2012 FORD FUSION code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1406 2012 FORD FUSION Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1406 2012 FORD FUSION MeaningThe purpose of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system on your engine is to limit oxides of nitrogen (NOx) emissions. This is done by redirecting small amounts of exhaust gas back through the upper intake to get mixed in with the air/fuel charge.
While driving, the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) monitor commands the EGR valve closed and checks the differential pressure across the EGR orifice. The test fails when the signal from the differential pressure feedback EGR sensor continues to indicate EGR flow even after the EGR valve is commanded closed.
P1406 2012 FORD FUSION More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1406 2012 FORD FUSION code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals