P1405 2006 FORD FUSION - Differential Pressure Feedback Sensor Upstream Hose Off or Plugged
P1405 2006 FORD FUSION Possible Causes
- Faulty Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic (DPFE) sensor (EGR pressure sensor)
- Plugged or damaged EGR tube
- Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic (DPFE) sensor harness is open or shorted
- Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic (DPFE) sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P1405 2006 FORD FUSION code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1405 2006 FORD FUSION code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1405 2006 FORD FUSION code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1405 2006 FORD FUSION MeaningThe purpose of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system on your engine is to limit oxides of nitrogen (NOx) emissions. This is done by redirecting small amounts of exhaust gas back through the upper intake to get mixed in with the air/fuel charge.
While driving, the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) monitor commands the EGR valve closed and checks the differential pressure across the EGR orifice. The test fails when the signal from the differential pressure feedback EGR sensor indicates EGR flow is in the negative direction.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1405 2006 FORD FUSION code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals