P1402 FORD Possible Causes
- Faulty Engine Gas Recirculation (EGR) sensor
- Faulty Engine Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve
- Engine Gas Recirculation (EGR) sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine Gas Recirculation (EGR) sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
First diagnose P1402 FORD code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1402 FORD code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1402 FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1402 FORD Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1402 FORD MeaningDiagnostic trouble code (DTC) P1402 indicates a malfunction in the Engine Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve position (EVP) sensor circuit.
P1402 FORD More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1402 FORD code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals