P1391 CHRYSLER - CMP or CKP Signal Intermittent Condition
P1391 CHRYSLER Possible Causes
- Faulty Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP)
- Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP) harness is open or shorted
- Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP) circuit poor electrical connection
- Timing belt or chain stretched or jumped
- Faulty Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor
- Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor circuit poor electrical connection.
First diagnose P1391 CHRYSLER code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P1391 CHRYSLER code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P1391 CHRYSLER code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P1391 CHRYSLER Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Lack/Loss of Power
- The engine may be harder to start
- The engine may stumble or stall
P1391 CHRYSLER MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) detected the actual Camshaft Position Sensor (CMP) position disagreed with the expected CMP level.
P1391 CHRYSLER More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1391 CHRYSLER code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals