P138B Possible Causes
- Faulty Glow Plug Control Module
- Glow Plug Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Glow Plug Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose P138B code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the P138B code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P138B code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P138B Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P138B MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the Glow Plug Control Module. The ECM sets the OBDII code when Glow Plug Control Module is not working properly.
P138B More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P138B code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
P138B Information for specific makes
- P138B FORD Glow Plug Module System Voltage