P138A - Glow Plug Control Module Control Circuit Range/Performance
P138A Possible Causes
- Faulty Glow Plug Control Module
- Glow Plug Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Glow Plug Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P138A code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P138A code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P138A code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P138A MeaningThe Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the Glow Plug Control Module. The ECM sets the OBDII code when Glow Plug Control Module is not working properly.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P138A code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- P138A FORD Glow Plug Control Module Control Circuit Range/Performance