P1346 CADILLAC - Intake Camshaft Position Sensor System Performance
P1346 CADILLAC Possible Causes
- Faulty Intake Camshaft Position sensor
- Faulty Camshaft Position Solenoid Valve
- Engine mechanical condition
- Valve timing off
- Intake Camshaft Position sensor harness is open or shorted
- Intake Camshaft Position sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How is the P1346 CADILLAC code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the P1346 CADILLAC code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the P1346 CADILLAC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detected the actual cam timing and the target cam timing did not agree
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine difficult to start
P1346 CADILLAC MeaningThe Camshaft Position (CMP) sensor input is used to detect an engine misfire. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) also uses the CMP sensor signal as an input for modifying the fuel injection timing and for modifying the ignition timing.
The PCM receives information on the engine status from various engine sensors and then selects the most appropriate ignition timing settings from within the PCM's programming. The following are the most important inputs for determining ignition timing requirements:
- The engine speed
- The throttle position (TP)
- The intake air volume
- The engine coolant temperature (ECT)
- The knock sensor (KS) input
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P1346 CADILLAC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals